Friday, August 28, 2009

My little motivator

Last night was my first bike ride with Brody in tow. In hindsight, I probably should have reacquainted myself with the bicycle before I hooked my child to the back, but we survived. Jacob said I came close to hitting a tree at one point and I definitely had a couple of wobbles as I tried to check on Brody behind me while continuing to pedal.

Brody was quiet for most of the ride. I wasn't sure if he was enjoying himself or if he was bored or even scared. At one point the bicycle started making a funny noise so I slowed down to check it out. As I came close to stopping I heard a quiet voice behind me say "Go mama, GO!" I turned around to check on him and he was dazed but looked comfortable. I asked if he was ok and he said "GO!" So I sped off again ignoring the noise of the bike, which eventually went away.

A little further into our ride I hit an uphill that slowed me down quite a bit. Again, a little motivating voice came from behind me "Fast mama, GO FAST!" I did my best, but I don't think I could hit a speed that satisfied him at that point. My legs were rubber. If I were all alone I may have stopped at that point but with Brody behind me I knew that wasn't an option. My little motivator, aka drill sergeant was back there to keep me moving all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment