Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brody the chatterbox

Brody's speech has grown leaps and bounds over the past year. It's hard to imagine him not talking because he's become such a chatterbox. He found me this morning and asked for a bandaid. I opened the door to the linen closet and said where are they? He said "I don't know. Last night I put them right there and now they're gone." There was no stutter and no grammatical errors. It was like I was speaking to another adult.

Over the weekend we asked what he wanted for lunch and he replied "I don't want anything." I know, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but usually he'll throw in a double negative or he'll misuse the word something in a sentence like this. ("I don't want something.") I think this is the first time I've heard him say anything and it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment