Monday, January 30, 2012

You're wasting my time!

On our way to preschool one morning, we were late as usual so I gave Brody a cheese stick to eat in the car. A quality breakfast from Mama. Brody has become painfully slow in the mornings, not listening and dawdling quite a bit. By the time we'd dropped Logan off at Miss Shahnaz's house, he still hadn't even opened his cheesestick. Due to allergies in the class, he isn't allowed to bring food into the school so I warned him that I was going to take away whatever was left when he got to the classroom. Then I asked him if he needed help opening it, suggested he took his mittens off, and asked him another question or two. Brody became increasingly agitated with each question, finally spitting out: "You're wasting my time!" It was such an adult statement from such a little boy. I kept my mouth shut for the rest of the ride and let him eat his cheesestick. As I relayed this story to Jacob later in the day, I learned that Brody has also shouted this at his Dada. We're going to have to squelch that attitude before it gets out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment