Monday, February 20, 2012

*mama...*

The boys are supposed to be upstairs sleeping right now. If they're not sleeping, they're supposed to be having quiet time alone in their rooms. Instead, I hear running, jumping, talking, singing. Clearly neither of them is asleep or will be going to sleep. And clearly, they're not alone in their rooms anymore either. As long as they stay upstairs and I get quiet time downstairs, I'm fine with them playing together.

But then one calls out to me. I hear a whisper from the top of the stairs *mama...* Then I hear, a little louder but still in a whisper voice *Mama!* I respond, "That better not be one of my boys calling for me when he's supposed to be sleeping." The whisper responds *mama, I just want to talk to you for a second.* It's two year old Logan, and the fact that he put together that sentence is pretty suprising. I'm not impressed enough to go upstairs, but it was worth walking to the office to type up a blog post about it while they continue to wrestle and play upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment