Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scrapple

I had never heard of scrapple before I started dating Jacob.  I don't think I'd even seen it on the grocery shelves, in its anonymous red and white packaging.  It is still a mystery meat to me, gray in color and oddly textured... it's not something I like to eat.  But Jacob loves the stuff when it's cut thin and fried crisp and considers it a special treat for the cabin.  For the past month, we've had a block of scrapple in our fridge, leftover from a recent cabin trip.  On a rainy Sunday, there is nothing better than a lazy, big breakfast.  This morning, our big breakfast included pancakes, potatoes, and because Jacob was helping to cook... scrapple.  The boys loved it.  They probably ate as much scrapple as they ate pancakes.  I didn't touch the stuff but I have to admit that it did smell good.

No comments:

Post a Comment