Friday, June 15, 2012

Zzzzz....

Every "stay-home day" (weekend), Brody and Logan race into our room at 7am, the time that we allow them to wake up.  They know that on weekends they're allowed to watch TV and want to get an early start.  Unfortunately for Jacob and me, we want to sleep on weekend mornings, so we're forced to try to continue to sleep with the sounds of Transformers, Super Hero Squad show, and Spiderman in the background.  Sometimes Logan will even climb up on our bed and drape himself across me, a move that I've successfully slept through on two really tired mornings.

During the week, when Jacob and I have to wake up early to get ready and go to work, the boys like to sleep in.  One day this week, they slept so late that around 8:30 I had to poke my head into their rooms and make sure they weren't victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.  Yes, that was my first thought.  Not the more logical option that maybe they'd snuck out of their beds and were downstairs playing quietly... my mind immediately jumps to odorless chemical poisoning.

I was relieved to find them both still sleeping in their beds and several minutes later, Brody wandered out, sleepy eyed and carrying Little Bear.  I commented on how late he'd slept and he replied "Sometimes when I'm having a good dream, I like to sleep late to stay in it."  I tried to get him to recall his dream, but he couldn't.  I would love to know what little boys dream about, but since he can't remember I'm content to know that he has happy dreams.  Hopefully one day he'll manage to have one of those dreams on a stay-home day so we can all stay in our dreams a little longer.

**************************

Speaking of sleeping, last night around 10:15pm, Brody's alarm clock started going off.  He'd obviously played with the buttons at some point, changing the time to 5am and turning on the alarm.  I ran to his room to turn it off and was surprised to see him laying perpendicular in his bed, covers thrown off and his head against the bedside table where the alarm was going off, still sleeping soundly.  He was snoring lightly with his mouth was wide open and was in such a deep sleep that he didn't even stir at the sound of the beeping alarm.  How on earth can he sleep through an alarm that's right next to his head?  He must get that from his Dada.

No comments:

Post a Comment