Monday, August 11, 2014

Running in the rain

The boys wanted to run "laps" around the playground while there was a steady rain falling tonight. Brody had already gone around once and was dripping wet when Logan came out, desperate to join him but not wearing shorts. There was hardly anyone outside so waving aside Jacob's reluctance, I told Logan to go for it. Halfway around, on the far side of the playground, Logan encountered a man walking behind his two boys on their bikes. I saw Logan slow down and steer clear of him, then keep running. The boys came back around and Logan said "A man asked me if I was lost!" Awesome. My wet, shoe-less 5 year old in his underwear rightfully attracted concern from a passing stranger. Logan told him "I'm not lost, I'm just running laps!" and kept going. Good answer, but I'm certain the man kept watching, so to prove I'm not a negligent parent, I put a pair of shorts on Logan and he, Brody, and I ran the next couple of laps together. We wrapped up the evening shooting down the playground slides like they were water slides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment