Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Logan's piggy bank

As I mentioned in a previous post, Brody has two piggy banks. For every dollar he receives, 50 cents goes to savings he can use at his own discretion and the other 50 cents goes towards his future car. His car jar, which is literally a washed-out tomato sauce jar covered in magazine cutouts of cars, is packed with cash. The boy is rich. 

Tonight at bedtime, Logan begged me to let him get out of bed to go say goodnight to Brody and Ellie. I wasn't saying no, but he expected me to and quickly said "I'll give you $2." I told him to move quickly and he shot out of bed and into Brody's room. When he came back, he grabbed his piggy bank to pay me, which I politely declined and put it back on the shelf, realizing just how heavy it was. This told me two things:
1. He's stealing money from somewhere. I bet he has raided Jacob's change drawer. 
2. It's time for him to split his bank and start a car jar of his own. 

"Whoa!", I said to Logan. "You have a lot of money! It's time you start saving for a car."

He quickly responded "Or I can buy a lot of ice cream."

No comments:

Post a Comment