Friday, July 31, 2009

Logan starts day care

Logan started day care on Wednesday with his big brother at Miss Shahnaz's house. The first two days seemed to go well. As I dropped them off Wednesday Brody was a little territorial, pushing the other kids out of the way as they came in for a closer look of the baby. At the end of the day Miss Shahnaz said that Logan ate and slept well, crying only when the other kids made loud noises, which is typical of Logan. Once in the car Brody said "Logan cried a lot". It's nice to have our little spy there with Logan but I wish he could tell us details, like what does he mean by "a lot".

When I picked up the boys at the end of day two I found Logan rocking happily in a baby seat, watching the big kids run around. He was clutching his taggie blanket and a hand towel in both hands. We can already see Logan's tendencies to hold onto security blankets. He definitely soothes differently than Brody, who never took to pacifiers or blankets. Logan loves both.

As I picked Logan up from the rocking chair I found a toy car and a small dinosaur stuffed under his legs. Miss Shahnaz said that the other kids like to share with him and were giving him toys all day. To make her point, one year old Alex toddled over and put a duplex block in Logan's carseat. Logan is the only non-crawling baby at Miss Shahnaz's house and I love to see that he's being doted on by the big kids. I think he's going to do very well there.

No comments:

Post a Comment