Sunday, July 15, 2012

Little excerpts from our weekend

The boys kept me laughing this weekend.  Here are a few gems:

Brody was eating something at the kitchen island and Logan burst into the room, immediately whining "I waaaannnt thaaaaatttt!", then quickly turned to me and asked in a sweet, happy voice "what is it?"

While making cookies, we put on some country music and were listening to "Big Green Tractor".  As I sang along to the verse "Take you for a ride on my big green tractor... we can go slow, or make it go faster..." Brody asks why they don't just go medium.

Logan carried a box containing our leftover pizza from the car into the house and I told him, "Logan, you're strong!"  He smugly replied, "that's because I'm superman."

:)

**********************************************

Speaking of my little superman, on our way home from Dada's hockey game late Monday night, Logan told me he was a superhero.  Brody protested, telling Logan, You're not a superhero!  You're Mama's funky monkey!  I gave Logan a choice, he could be a funky monkey or a superhero.  Of course, he chose superhero.  What 3-year old boy wouldn't?  So a few miles down the road, the car was quiet and I thought they'd both started drifting off to sleep.  I could see in my rear-view mirror that Brody was awake and looking out the window but I couldn't see Logan's eyes.  I whispered back to Brody, *Brody, is my little superhero awake?*  Both boys started giggling and I could see in the rear view that Logan was beaming.  Ok, new nickname chosen.  Superhero, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment