Monday, May 4, 2009

Dumptruck, Backhoe, Bulldozer!

Brody is obsessed. If he catches a glimpse of the yellow that's so often used on construction vehicles he must crane his neck to determine what kind of dirt mover it is. Lucky for us (?) our area is full of construction zones. Anywhere we drive, we're sure to pass a bulldozer or a dumptruck. All car trips are accented by a loud voice in the back, shouting out BACKHOE! BULLDOZER! MORE BACKHOE!! He's started to learn where some construction zones are located on our normal routes and will call out the vehicles he expects to see before they even come into view. It's hard to not get excited with him. I find that when I'm in the car alone and see a backhoe scooping dirt into a dumptruck, I want to call attention to it or pull over and watch. Before Brody and Logan I would have just driven by, perhaps even been frustrated by the traffic caused by the construction. Now I'm happy for the traffic because it allows me to drive slowly and give Brody a good view of the activity without getting honked at by the other cars that must not have kids sitting in the backseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment