Thursday, April 22, 2010

At three, already winning arguments

This morning as I'm trying to get everyone and everything into the car to head off to daycare and work, Brody is carrying a large bulldozer down the deck stairs. The toy is almost as big as he is and I think his plan is to play with it on the parking pad. I was already running late and couldn't handle more playtime so I needed a way to convince him to leave it. I decided to go with "if you leave it on the parking pad, Dada will come home and run it over." Brody countered by telling me he was going to leave it on my side of the parking pad, where Dada doesn't park. So then I said "Then when I come home, I'm going to run it over." Brody's response was simple: "You won't." Sigh. He's right and I had no counter. I need to remember to be on the lookout for a bulldozer when I pull into our parking pad tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment