Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kylie's Bouncing Party

Brody wasn't exactly a fan of bounce houses last summer. We tried to get him to bounce but he was timid and he fell a lot. I can't say that he had a lot of fun bouncing but we tried hard to get him to enjoy himself. I remember at Celebrate South Riding last June, he went to the top of a large bounce slide and disappeared. Jacob and I watched as kid after kid went up and came back down. No Brody. Finally an older kid came down and said there was someone stuck at the top, too scared to come down. The attendant went up and retrieved our two year old.

Today Kylie had her 6th birthday party at Pump it Up, an indoor bounce house with big bounce slides and obstacle courses. Brody had a blast! He was all over the place, climbing the ladders, going down huge slides, maneuvering through the obstacles. Jacob or I had to follow him around because there were a couple of places he'd get stuck, but for the most part he was able to do it himself. A few times during the party, he turned to Jacob and said "I'm having fun!" Jacob was exhausted and sweaty but I think he was having as much fun as Brody.

Logan even went in two of the smaller bounce houses. He and I went in the normal bounce house and I jumped up and down with him in my arms. He loved that and had a huge smile as long as I didn't go too high and the big kids didn't get too close. We also went down the tall slide all together at the same time. Logan wasn't such a fan of that and he held onto my shirt tightly. Give him a little more time and he'll be just like Brody, all over the place.

What a fun party! I hope we get to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment