Sunday, April 12, 2009

Brody's first Easter egg hunt

My Mom was made to be a Granny. She's a great Mom too, but I can really see her love of kids now that I'm older and watching from the outside as she interacts with her six adoring grandchildren. Easter came on the last weekend of tax season this year. It's a very hectic time for my Mom and I know she has a lot of work to do. But as Jacob, Brody, and I arrived for our family Easter gathering, Mom was running the stairs hiding clues throughout the house for a personalized scavenger hunt for each of the bigger kids. She'd already spent the morning filling and hiding eggs for two separate outdoor egg hunts- one for the big kids and one for Brody and Evelyn, who were first-timers. I'm fairly certain that as I'm writing this blog entry, my Mom is back at her accounting work trying to finish up her remaining returns for the April 15th deadline. I have no idea where she finds the energy.

Brody loved the Easter egg hunt. His daycare had a small egg hunt earlier in the week so he wasn't completely unaware of the concept. He and Evelyn ran around the yard with their baskets, pulling eggs out of bushes, trees, flowers, even the mailbox. After the hunt Brody opened each egg with Jacob, excited to see that the eggs contained coins and that he'd gathered quite a bounty.


After the Plummer gathering we joined the Thomas family for the Weaver get together. Brody and I took at walk down to the lake after eating and on his way down the path, he found an Easter egg hidden in one of the plants. I suppose it was left over from earlier in the day, but Brody now has the impression that plants and trees grow Easter eggs- and a lot of them contain coins! I'm envisioning many walks in our future, during which Brody will spend time investigating the contents of every plant we pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment