Friday, April 24, 2009

He tricked us again

When I was 20 weeks along in Logan's pregnancy both Jacob and I were convinced we were having a girl. How else could we explain a pregnancy that was so drastically different than my first? At our 20-week ultrasound both of our jaws dropped as we learned that we were having another boy. It didn't seem possible.

Well, he tricked us again. My pregnancy with Logan was awful but I'm happy to report that as of day 5 he shows no sign of the trouble we were anticipating. It's too early to let our guard down and breathe a sigh of relief, but we've had five blissful days with him. He eats well, sleeps well, and heals well. He spent 4 days in the NICU repairing a tear in his lung that was caused by a quick labor that didn't provide the pressure needed to flush his lungs of fluid, but even that resolved itself without intervention.

I retract all previous comments and thoughts I had about Logan being a trouble child in the making. He's far from it and we're so lucky to have him home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment